STUDENT TRAVEL AND HOUSING AWARDS
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
Please Note: You must be present for the entire Annual Meeting, starting Wednesday at 2:00 pm; if your arrival time limits your availability on this day, you are not eligible for the award.
1. All items on the form must be completed accurately and submitted by January 6, 2014. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to complete all items on the form may result in delay or prevent consideration of the application.
Please note: The award does not include the Annual Meeting Registration Fee - you must register separately on the annual meeting registration page.
2. A student applying for the travel/housing award must be a current member of AChemS. Please submit a membership application or pay the current year's dues.
3. The maximum award granted to any one laboratory is two units (one travel assistance plus one housing unit, or two housing units). No lab will receive two travel assistance awards. Preference may be given to students who have not previously received assistance.
4. The AChemS Student Travel Award Program has a limited source of funds that cannot meet all of the anticipated requests. Therefore, a priority system has been established for making awards. Preference will be given to students who are the presenting author on an abstract at the meeting. The awards are intended primarily for graduate students, but an undergraduate who is first author on a presentation is also eligible.
Please note: If you receive a Diversity Travel Fellowship, you are not eligible for a Student Travel Award.
5. The housing award consists of a complimentary room at the Hyatt for the duration of the meeting. It is not a cash award to defray the costs of housing. Up to three female students or three male students will be assigned to each room. Awardees will be notified of their roommates in order to make proper arrangements.
6. While at the meeting, award recipients are required to assist in registration and other meeting duties. You will be contacted with further details before the meeting. An onsite meeting will be held to review details also.
Application Deadline: January 6, 2014